Our contact details
Name: Advocate Simon Franckel practising as Franckel Law
Address: P.O. Box 285, St. Helier, Jersey, JE4 0FL
Phone Number: 01534 486367
What type of information we have
We currently collect and process the following information:
• Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
How we get the information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- In order to give advice and representation on your behalf.
[If applicable] We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- During the course of adversarial proceedings or negotiations we may receive information about you from third parties.
Under the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018, the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
A. Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting Advocate Simon Franckel firstname.lastname@example.org
B. We have a contractual obligation.
C. We have a legal obligation.
D. We have a vital interest.
E. We need it to perform a public task.
F. We have a legitimate interest.
What we do with the information we have
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- ensure that our advice and assistance is complete, and so that you may comply with your legal obligations in the context of representation and any litigious matter.
We may share this information with:
- parties to whom you are obliged to disclose information and documentation during the course of representation and any court proceedings; to the extent legal obliged to do so, to law enforcement and regulatory authorities. We do NOT disclose your information to any third party save in those circumstances, for any marketing purposes.
How we store your information
Your information is securely stored in secure office accommodation; secure servers or physically in secure and guarded storage facilities.
We keep client files for 10 years from completion of the representation.
We will then dispose your information by shredding and secure disposal of documents and expert disposal of secured system information.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access: You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification: You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure: You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing: You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing: You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability: You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have four weeks to
respond to you.
Please contact us at Franckel Law if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the Jersey Office of the Information Commissioner (JOIC) if you are unhappy with how we have used your personal data.
5 Castle Street St. Helier Jersey
+44 (0) 1534 716530